If you’re struggling to find help or keep up to date with Microsoft Office 365 then I Will Write End-User Help Documentation For Your SharePoint Online Intranet.
Here are 4 reasons that the Collab365 Team have spent months building the site:
- You often need expert Microsoft help just for a couple of hours.
- You can’t keep up with everything Microsoft is releasing.
- You find it hard to find Microsoft experts on other non-dedicated sites. There are just too many other subjects covered.
- You don’t have time to go through a lengthy interview process.
I personally love the concept and have actually just posted a MicroJob. Here are the details…
How I can help you …
When rolling out SharePoint Online, it’s important that end users are up to speed on how use the platform. While there’s lots of generic documentation on the Internet available for use, it can be confusing for users to see screenshots that don’t look like the site they’re using.
I will create custom documentation, formatted as a Word document, which includes information on topics such as: how to navigate around SharePoint, how to work with Office Online documents, how to share documents, when to use OneDrive vs. SharePoint, how to access SharePoint from Teams, and how to author modern pages. The documentation will include step-by-step examples. I will include screen shots from your actual SharePoint Online environment if you provide me with access to your environment (including adequate permissions to see what end users would see). If you have a traditional Intranet scenario, I will walk users through the basic navigational structure of your Intranet site. I can document both “classic” and “modern” sites.
This job includes:
– 1 hour of consultation with you to gather any special requirements
– Up to 10 pages of written documentation
How does it work and what about payment?
Paying for online services with people that you don’t know can be worrying for both parties. The buyer often doesn’t want to pay until they’re happy that the Freelancer has completed the work. Likewise the Freelancer wants to be sure they will be recompensed for their time and commitment. Collab365 MicroJobs helps both the buyer and the Freelancer in these ways:
- The buyer pays up front and the money is securely held in the MicroJobs Stripe Connect platform account.
- The Freelancer can then begin the work in the knowledge that the payment has been made.
- Once the buyer is happy that the work is complete and to their satisfaction, the funds become available to the Freelancer.
- There’s even a dispute management function in case of a disagreement. But it won’t on my MicroJob! As long as we agree what’s needed up front and keep talking the entire way through, you won’t be disappointed.
Note: Once I’ve completed the work, I’d love it if you could write a review for me. This will allow others to see what a fantastic job I did for you.
What if we need to add extra’s to the job after I’ve started?
It’s really easy for us to discuss your extra requirement (using the chat feature on the site) and for us to agree a price and add it to the order.
If you’d like me to help you, here are the steps to hire me …
- View my MicroJob.
- On that page click the “Buy” button.
- You’ll need to register as a buyer on the MicroJobs site, but this only takes a minute and will also allow you to purchase MicroJobs from other awesome Freelancers.
- If you need to contact me then please use the “contact” button and ask me any questions before purchasing.