I’ve been building an Intranet site for a client, and that Intranet utilizes the Publishing features of SharePoint. Because the site is being used primarily for displaying web content, the client didn’t want the banner pinned to the top of the page. When I built the Master Page, I simply decided to get rid of the
<div id="s4-workspace"/> tag altogether.
FixRibbonAndWorkspaceDimensions function (line 3361 in init.debug.js.)
I could have written a custom master page just for my Wiki subsites, but I chose instead to modify the page layout upon which all my wiki pages were based: EnterpriseWiki.aspx. I added the s4-workspace div to the page layout like this:
<div id="s4-workspace">, then I added the following three lines of javasript as well:
Such an easy fix took me hours to hunt down. There are probably only about 2 other people out there who will ever run into this problem, but hopefully at least one of them will find this post and it will save them time!